Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Yeah...Nothing too Exciting

Do you ever feel like you are not necessarily "stuck in a rut" but living a day that feels like it belongs in said rut?  Yeah, that's today.  Nothing particularly good nor bad has happened; it just feels blah!  So let's grab a cup of tea (since my hubs is the one who makes the coffee in our house - and he's not home) and chat about life.

I'll start.

Tonight my friend who I met on the first day I moved to Oakland 9 years ago is coming to dinner.  We haven't had a relationship in about 3 years... so I am excited and nervous and a million other emotions.  I really, really, REALLY hope we can have a few moments where we can open up and move in the direction of a friendship again.  I miss her.

Your turn - what are you doing tonight?  Or better yet, what's for dinner?
{via}
My turn - Today I did accomplish something out of the ordinary for the daily schedule - I washed our car.  Do you want to know how impressive this really is?  I don't remember the last time it was actually washed... I think I drove it through at a gas station wash the last time.  But the most disgusting part of all of this is that we went to Yosemite in July and I KNOW we had not yet washed off the Yosemite gunk.  Yeah... gross.  My son kept pointing out the "arco iris" (rainbow) on our back window.  Some of you know what I am talking about... that wiper arch that gets brighter and brighter the more you wash the window with the wipers in order to see out the back without actually cleaning the whole window.  Yeah.  Today, with the "help" of my niños, the car got a bath. HUGE pat on the back to me!

Your turn - what's something big or small that you've been meaning to accomplish? Or maybe you accomplished something today?
{via}
Me again - I've been doing some preschool lessons at home the last two weeks with D$ (D-money).  He's 3 and everyone has been asking me if we are sending him to preschool.  That's not really on our radar right now, but I thought that if we were going to do school, he still needs Spanish school.  We want our kids to be Spanish as a first language (for another post)... so I am taking charge and doing preschool activities with him in Spanish.  Do you know how hard it is to find legit Spanish preschool curriculum and not just "how to teach your kid Spanish" stuff?  Anyway, I've taken to The Pinterest since my good ol' web search has not yielded me much.  And here is something I found to encourage my search.  Oh beautiful, free printable!

{via}
Your turn - What is something absolutely AMAZING that you have found on The Pinterest? You know you've been sucked in to the magic!


Thanks for chatting. My heart feels lighter.  Here's to an "out of the rut" evening to you and yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment